Friday, May 23, 2014

One Soldier's P.T.S.D. Experience

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can be treated with extensive therapy and extensive support systems, but it is something that does not go away. This is often the case with veterans, as many situations prompt flashbacks or unwanted recollections. Below is one soldier's story of how he took control of his P.T.S.D.

Working with his family and mental-health professionals, “we are winning,” he writes. “PTSD can’t attack me anymore without getting more than it gives. Soon I hope to be ale to venture down into those dark corners of my mind on purpose. Armed with the tools treatment has given me and flanked by my allies, I will seek out my enemies and drive them away.

If you or someone you care about suffers from the symptoms related to trauma and abuse, call and speak with one of our therapists. These disorders will not remit on their own. You do not need to continue to live with the continued consequences of trauma and abuse. Treatment for these disorders is highly effective and can be life-altering. Please call today!

No comments:

Post a Comment